Stefano Perrone (1985)
Man is undoubtedly the main focus of Stefano Perrone’s artistic research. Face and body changeand transform themselves to find a marginal identity, the evident crisis of contemporary indi-viduals who suffer the growing complexities as wanderers do. However, they do not contemplate the infinite above the sea of fog, like Caspar David Friedrich’s painting, but do feel more and more lost inside tentacular and labyrinthine social structures suffocating any possible impulse.An instable sense of Vertigo which grows, threatening the psychophysical balance, causing an enduring and endless fall, an attracting vortex with no exit or light.
Travelling in Europe, from London to Berlin, he gave birth to his first series, the “Faceless Portraits”; Perrone's pictorial language evolved from distorted and emaciated bodies and faces to the current mode, in which geometries, lines and vector graphics create changing entities more similar to heavenly bodies than humans. In 2015 Perrone hold several exhibitions in Japan, Swizzerland and Italy; Melzi Fine Art support let him to his first personal exhibition in Milan in March and to the exhibition in London Stop at nothing in October.
- 2017 - Palazzo Monti, Brescia, Milan., Italy.
- 2016 - Void - Curated by Viola Carugati - Absolute Art, Lugano, Switzerland
- 2016 - Vertigo - Curated by Alberto Mattia Martini - Melzi Fine Art, Milan, Italy
- 2015 - Two Souls - Curated by Katsu Ishida - The Others, Turin, Italy
- 2015 - Stefano Perrone. An Exhibition - Curated by Melzi Fine Art - Melzi Fine Art, Milan, Italy
- 2014 - Personae - Curated by No Mercy for K - Neue Heimat, Berlin, Germany
- 2013 - Minalo. Brerart - Curated by Spazio San Giorgio - Mondadori Store Piazza Duomo, Milan, Italy
- 2017 - Dinamica - Curated by Melzi fine Art and Alon Zakaim Fine Art - Alon Zakaim Fine Art, London, United Kingdom
- 2017 - We are the ones VOL1 - Curated by Simon Ganshorn, Galina Munroe and Jordy Kerwick - Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2016 - IdDante - Curated by Maria Vittoria Baravelli - Casa Oriali, Ravenna, Italy
- 2016 - Systema Biennale - Curated by Katsu Ishida - Systema Gallery, Montese, Italy
- 2015 - Stop at Nothing. Italian art from the 1950's to today - Curated by Melzi Fine Art and Alon Zakaim Fine Art - Alon Zakaim Fine Art, London, UK
- 2015 - Meditation - Curated by Katsu Ishida - Systema Gallery, Osaka, Japan
- 2015 - Expo Arte Italiana - Curated by Vittorio Sgarbi - Expo 2015 Villa Bagatti Valsecchi, Varedo, Italy
- 2014 - Aliens - Curated by Frattura Scomposta Magazine - Casa di Ludovico Ariosto, Ferrara, Italy
- 2013 - Eat Art - Curated by Spazio San Giorgio - Spazio San Giorgio, Bologna, Italy